Almost equal. How to ensure equal access to politics in Cherkasy? — Announcement
October 9 at 13:00 at Bohdan Khmelnitsky Cherkasy National University (81, Shevchenko Blvd, 2nd floor, conference hall) the exhibition of the best posters and a public discussion on the theme “Almost equal. How to ensure equal access to politics in Cherkasy?” will be held.
The event will be held under the special theme “Women. Equality. Politics”of the 5th International Competition “Stop Censorship! Citizens for Free Countries”, organized by NGO Centre UA in partnership with the Centre for Gender Studies and Communications of the Bohdan Khmelnitsky Chernivtsi National University.
In developed democracies, women’s participation in political life is steadily increasing. In Ukraine, however, there is a significant imbalance of women in higher authorities: for example, women deputies make up only 12.3% of the current composition of the Parliament (according to the Open Source Database of the Verkhovna Rada). Public discussion is one of many necessary steps that should actualize the problem and help to overcome prejudices in Ukrainian society.
- Lyudmila Bordunos, deputy mayor of the city
- Inna Lubko, assistant professor of the Chair of History and Theory of State and Law of Cherkasy National University
- Elena Banin, Producer of Public Broadcasting Cherkassy
- Marina Guryanova, Regional Coordinator of the “Republic” Institute
- Oleksandra Kuziv, civil activist, Chesno Movement, NGO Center UA
- Maria Severinenko, coordinator of the NGO “Positive Women” in the Cherkasy region
- Vyacheslav Skichko, head of the regional organisation “Samopomich”, volunteer, coordinator of NGO “Our battalion”
- Valentina Kovalenko, deputy of the Cherkasy Regional Council, CHOR chair in 2014-2015
- Lyubov Mayboroda, leader of NGO “Ukrainian Women’s Democratic Network”, deputy of the 4th convocation
- Inna Lukyanets, Head of the Department of Psychology and Pedagogy of the Chernivtsi National University named after B.Khmelnytsky, head of the city organization of the Agrarian Party)
- Natalia Starikova, counselor of the chair of the Cherkasy Regional Council, in 2014 — the first deputy chair of the Cherkasy Regional State Administration
- Moderation: Natalia Sokolenko, journalist of “Hromadske Radio”.
Issues to discuss:
- Is there discrimination against women in Ukrainian politics at the local and national levels?
- How can discrimination of women in Ukrainian politics be overcome?
- What will society gain as a result of the increased representation of women in politics?
Professors, students, public activists, journalists, representatives of political parties and executive authorities are invited to the discussion.
Also, during the discussion, the opening of the exhibition of the best works on a special topic will be held.
Mohammad Hadi Danesh
“Women. Equality.Politics “of the 5th International Competition” Stop Censorship! Citizens for Free Countries “.
firstname.lastname@example.org, 050 494 58 30